This Monday will be 13 years for Wendy and I. I’m looking forward to this coming Sunday when we’ll have a chance to get outside the house and celebrate.
If feel much like the old country boy who said he married up. Wendy is for sure my better half and I’m fortunate to spend the rest of my life with her.
Here are 10 reasons why I’m thankful for her.
1. When I’m weighing what to do I can always go to her for advice and I find myself thankful for her insight and honesty.
2. I know our kids have a mom that loves, sacrifices, cares, and goes over and beyond that call of duty.
3. I know that no matter where I am or where she is I can always trust her to do the right thing.
4. She is devoted to the Lord, and in love with Jesus.
5. She loves to open her home and welcome and entertain guests. She has the hospitality bug.
6. Wendy has stood with me these last 13 years in the good and bad. Church planting is a challenge not only for the planter, but also the planter’s wife.
7. She doesn’t have to have the latest designs and gadgets to be happy.
8. She has this incredible recipe for chicken burritos that I just love.
9. She is a woman of great faith, that believes God can do more than we could ever ask or think.
10. Wendy is all the woman I’ll ever want or need.
Happy anniversary babe!