Christmas will be here and gone before you know it. Don’t let this once in a year moment slip by. Take advantage of this season to create a family memory. Here are 10 ideas.
1. Ride together through a few well decorated neighborhoods and look at the lights while playing Christmas music.
2. Sit by the fire, drink hot chocolate, read the Christmas story, and talk about what it would have been like to be Mary or Joseph.
3. Sit by the tree and have each person choose their favorite ornament and tell why it is so meaningful to them.
4. Look at past family videos and photos together.
5. Watch a Christmas movie together, and pause to discuss when someone has a thought to share.
6. For dads with daughters, Christmas is a great time to take your little gals on a daddy date.
7. Call out of town family members on speaker phone, Skype, or FaceTime together as a family to wish them a merry Christmas.
8. Gather around the tree and sing a few Christmas carols.
9. Invite a family in the neighborhood to church with you.
10. Attend a Christmas Eve service as a family. I invite you and your family to join us this Christmas Eve for a live Nativity Celebration from 7 to 8 PM at our Vint Hill Campus. Along with the live nativity there will be caroling, communion, smores, and an encouraging message.